Dallas Nursing Home Assault Lawyers
Assault Cases in Nursing Homes
Assault, sexual abuse, and even rape frequently occur in nursing homes across the nation; often, these crimes are targeted at elderly patients with weakened conditions. The Dallas elderly assault attorneys at the Smith Clinesmith Firm care deeply about the older generation and fight to seek justice for the victims of abuse. If you or a loved one has suffered from any form of assault or abuse—sexual or physical—in a nursing home or senior care facility, do not hesitate to contact us. We will fight for your case.
Demanding Justice for Victims of Heinous Crimes in Dallas & the Entire U.S.
Call our nursing home assault attorneys at (877) 976-8411 or contact us online. We have offices in Dallas, Los Angeles, and serve clients nationwide.
Types of Nursing Home Sexual Abuse Cases
When sexual abuse occurs in a nursing home, it is not always obvious to the loved ones of the victim. However, the trauma of sexual abuse can cause physical, mental, and emotional scars that lead to immense pain and distress and can even turn life-threatening if not properly treated. There is never an excuse for any person, no matter their age, race, or gender, to ever suffer sexual abuse.
In a nursing home, sexual abuse may happen in a variety of situations, including but not limited to:
- Sexual Abuse by a Nursing Home Staff Member – Nursing homes often neglect to conduct thorough background investigations of potential employees, leading to the hiring of sexual offenders. These employees have a lot of contact with residents, sometimes helping them bathe, dress, and use the restroom, creating opportunities for abuse.
- Sexual Abuse by Another Nursing Home Resident – Nursing homes are often co-ed facilities, and in these settings, relationships often form between residents. Nursing homes are liable for negligence in these cases, as they may not be supervising the residents as well as they should be. Residents who are weak or unable to resist or speak may be easy targets for sexual abuse by another resident who is aware of the potential victim’s mental or physical disabilities.
- Sexual Abuse by a Stranger in a Nursing Home – When a nursing home lacks adequate security and staff, strangers can enter the facility unnoticed. If a nursing home resident is abused by a stranger entering the facility under any circumstances, the home is liable for the negligence and abuse.
- Sexual Abuse by a Family Member in a Nursing Home – When a family member visits their spouse who has a diminished capacity physically or mentally, consensual sexual relations may be prohibited. Oftentimes, this can lead to a level of sexual abuse that is not often reported because of the legal relationship between the couple. In this instance of sexual abuse, because it occurred in the nursing home, the home would be considered liable for the negligence.
Sexual abuse in a nursing home should never be ignored, but the signs that sexual abuse is occurring can often be difficult to detect.
Signs of Sexual Abuse in Nursing Homes
If you are being abused in a nursing home or suspect your loved one is, look for the following signs:
- Unexplained difficulty walking or sitting
- Bruising and/or fingerprints on inner thighs, genital area, buttocks, and/or breasts
- Unexplained vaginal and/or anal bleeding
- Unexplained sexually transmitted disease(s) or genital infection(s)
- Unexplained genital irritation, injury, or redness
- Torn, stained, or bloody underclothing
- Fear, stress, anxiety, or another similar strong reaction when in the presence of someone, particularly when dressing, bathing, or using the restroom
What To Do If You Suspect Sexual Abuse
Immediately report the sexual abuse if a loved one confides in you that this is occurring or if the warning signs are severe enough. Call the police, file a report, and remove your loved one from the nursing home facility to the nearest emergency room for a complete physical evaluation.
The attorneys at the Smith Clinesmith Firm will conduct their own investigation along with the police reports to help you have the strongest case possible for litigation. We fight tirelessly to help victims and families receive justice for abuse that should have never occurred.
Contact Our Elderly Assault Lawyers Today
The Dallas nursing home abuse lawyers at the Smith Clinesmith Firm are experienced in all nursing home sexual abuse and physical abuse cases and can help you build a strong case for litigation and justice.
We work with a team of medical experts, nurses, investigators, and paralegals to help our lawyers gather evidence, evaluate your individual case, and get all the facts needed before the statute of limitations runs out. We provide all of our clients with a free case evaluation over the phone or in person, take every claim of nursing home sexual abuse or assault very seriously, and give you complete confidentiality regarding your case.
Call us today at (877) 976-8411 to speak with an experienced nursing home assault lawyer regarding your case. We serve clients anywhere in the United States.
Have more questions? Check out our FAQ page or contact us today to learn more!
Real Clients, Real Stories.
They Are Exceptional Attorneys!- Cynthia P.
Excellent to Work With!- Sun G.
Professional, Attentive, and Diligent.- Kyle S.
They Always Take the Time to Keep in Contact With Me.- Reavan T.
He is a tenacious and professional advocate for his clients.- D.C.