Contact Our Nursing Home Abuse Attorneys for Trusted Representation
We are unlike other firms in that we do not have a broad scope of practice areas. Instead, we focus on a single practice area so you aren’t receiving “an inch deep and a mile wide” prosecution of your case.
Our Dallas nursing home abuse attorneys are focused on protecting the elderly from abuse and neglect in assisted living situations, applying all of our efforts and our resources directly to your case’s success.
We represent a wide range of nursing home abuse matters across the United States. Get in touch with us today to learn more about how we can help you.
If you think you may have a case against a nursing home or a senior assisted living facility for abuse or neglect of the elderly, act now. Time is critical in these matters, so we urge you to contact a skilled attorney as soon as possible.
Our legal team consists of experienced professionals dedicated to investigating nursing home abuse cases and seeking fair recovery for victims of injustice.
We are fully prepared to prove these cases at trial whenever necessary.
At Smith Clinesmith LLP, our team of professionals includes:
- Skilled attorneys
- Medical experts
We treat every case brought to us with the utmost seriousness and professionalism; we will investigate the claim to the fullest to see if it can be taken to court for litigation.
We only focus on cases involving protecting the elderly from abuse in nursing homes or assisted living facilities. This means you never have to worry about us working on several different cases and topics, spreading the work we do for you thin in any way.
Our extensive experience centers on these types of cases, meaning we have the right experience to help you.
Signs of Nursing Home Abuse and Neglect
It can be difficult to detect nursing home abuse and neglect, but it's important to know the signs. If you suspect your loved one is a victim of abuse, take action immediately. Here are some common signs to look for:
- Unexplained injuries, such as bruises, cuts, or broken bones
- Changes in behavior, such as withdrawal, depression, or anxiety
- Poor hygiene or unsanitary living conditions
- Malnutrition or dehydration
- Bedsores or pressure ulcers
- Unexplained financial transactions or missing personal belongings
If you notice any of these signs, it's important to speak up for your loved one. Our team at Smith Clinesmith LLP is here to help you take action and hold those responsible accountable for their actions. Contact us today to learn more about how we can help.
How to Prevent Nursing Home Abuse and Neglect
Preventing nursing home abuse and neglect is crucial for the safety and wellbeing of elderly residents. Here are a few steps you can take to help prevent abuse and neglect:
- Do your research: Research the nursing home before choosing a facility for your loved one. Look for reviews, ratings, and any history of abuse or neglect.
- Visit often: Visit your loved one regularly and at different times of the day. This will help you get to know the staff and observe any changes in your loved one's behavior.
- Be observant: Look for signs of abuse and neglect, such as unexplained injuries or changes in behavior. Report any concerns to the nursing home administration and/or the proper authorities.
- Stay involved: Stay involved in your loved one's care and communicate regularly with the nursing home staff to ensure their needs are being met.
- Stay informed: Stay informed about your loved one's medications, treatments, and care plan. Ask questions and advocate for their rights and wellbeing.
By taking these steps, you can help prevent nursing home abuse and neglect and ensure that your loved one receives the quality care they deserve.
We are a dedicated nursing home abuse practice that serves the entire United States.
Our lawyers focus on bringing justice to elderly individuals who are suffering abuse at the hands of their caretakers at nursing homes and assisted living facilities. Contact us today for a free consultation over the phone or in person.
If you have a friend or loved one that you suspect is being abused or neglected in their nursing home, contact Smith Clinesmith LLP at (877) 976-8411 today. Our Dallas nursing home abuse attorneys are available 24/7.